by Premier Hospitals | September 10, 2019 |
âMushikavaahana modaka hastha,
Chaamara karna vilambitha sutra,
Vaamana rupa maheshwara putra,
Vighna vinaayaka paada namastheâ
We hope everybody has chanted this mantra for almost eleven days. Ganesh Chaturthi comes once in a year, and you might have had a lot of fun and joy. This festival is an excellent facilitator of social gatherings. Ganesh Visarjan is celebrated with great fanfare throughout the country. However, the traditions and the way it is celebrated may vary from state to state.
Ganesh festival comes to an end on the 10th day with the immersion ceremony. It is an extravagant event in which hundreds of people get accumulated take part in the visarjan to bid farewell to Lord Ganesha. You can witness people dancing and having fun while taking Lord Ganesha to the beaches and lakes.
Ganesh immersion ceremony can be an exciting event. However, there are some precautions or guidelines you need to follow to avoid any form of an accident during the immersion ceremony. Keeping this in view, we Premier Hospital
are here to share with you the essential precautions. You need to follow these guidelines during the immersion ceremony if you want to come home safely.
Doâs During Immersion Ceremony
To avoid the possible dangers and accidents during the Ganesh visarjan, you need to follow some guidelines. The precautions to be followed include:
Don'ts During Immersion Ceremony
- Light firecrackers in open spaces
- Keep crackers away from kids as they can cause injuries
- Do entrust two to three people to guide the event.
- Carry a first-aid box and water bottle
- Do wear light and comfortable clothes
- Start right on time to avoid the crowd on the roads
- Do use traditional instruments to prevent sound pollution
- Ensure that the light guards are present in the seashores
- Do keep a watch on all your valuables
Impact of Ganesh Visarjan on Humans
- Don't wear synthetic clothes because it catches fire quickly. Avoid wearing them, especially if you are willing to light crackers, or carrying out any fire-related activities like performing aarti.
- Do not leave your kid to the immersion ceremony as they can go near the water. Take care of your kid to prevent drowning.
- Do not get late to the visarjan site. Start on time to avoid crowds and traffic on roads and seashores.
- Do not pollute roads and water bodies by lighting crackers, throwing garlands and flowers.
- Do not take deep into the sea to prevent drowning.
- Do not handover your valuables like wallets, watches, and others with an unknown person.
Impact Of Ganesh Visarjan on Environment:
- Water pollution causes several skin infections with dangerous ailments. It affects the circulatory system, nervous system, and liver whenever you consume seafood.
- Sound pollution causes stress, sleeplessness, especially in senior citizens and children.
- Air pollution causes watery eyes, coughing, and difficulty breathing.
- Soil pollution causes depression of the central nervous system, headaches, nausea, fatigue, eye irritation, and skin rash.
Ganesh idols are made up of plaster of Paris, cement, paints, massive decorations, and flowers. All these materials are toxic and will stay in the water bodies for a longer duration. They travel from one water body to another, posing a threat to the lives of aquatic animals. Thus, we can conclude that there is a significant impact of immersion on the ecosystem.
The idols sink and dissolve over time by leaving all the wastage in the water. The wastes present in the water reduces the oxygen levels and creates a vast amount of water pollution. Reduced oxygen levels kill the fish, prawns and other aquatic freshwater animals. They often make the water poisonous, which can cause several skin problems, allergies, and other health concerns among humans and other creatures as well.
Many measures have been taken by the government, NGOs, and other service organizations to make people aware of the harmful effects of the Ganapati festival. All these things may serve your purpose but will not make God happier. Celebrating the festival helps you to save nature and your life too.
This is our attempt to make you all aware of the harmful effects of the immersion ceremony. We hope you all will follow all these precautions!!